Saint Laurent Menswear Collection By Hedi Slimane

I've been reading a lot of articles and reviews about the new Saint Laurent (by Hedi Slimane ndr) advertising campaign, starring Saskia de Brauw.

Saint Laurent Menswear


The campaign seems to have been perceived as provocative and controversial. Question Mark. Double question mark:
to me, it is exactly the opposite, couldn't think about anything more appropriate, in terms of image and atmosphere. For several reason: our contemporary sexual perception, our era, the (Yves) Saint Laurent roots, Hedi Slimane phloshophy.




Saint Laurent Menswear intepreted by Saskia de Brauw.

Well, to me, Slimane just showed an epitome of both the brand's and his own philosophy. And I love it. As much as I love the iconic shot by Helmut Newton.

Helmut Newton - rue aubriot, for french vogue, paris, 1975
© helmut newton

And Saskia de Brauw is such a stunning contemporary beauty: she blends sweet sophisticated delicateness with an intouchable sense of burning strength.
This Campaign immediately made me think of a set of shots by Hedi, taken last may and documenting/portraying the Savage, the post-punk band from London founded in March 2012 by Jehnny Beth (vocalist), Gemma Thompson (guitarist), Ayse Hassan (bassist), Fay Milton (drummer).

In particular, I had already been touched by the images of their Voice, Jenny Beth: they have something I can't explain, a flavor that tastes similar to the Campaign. Subtle.






1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.