A YELLOW PATH

During Women SS2012 Fashion week in Paris, Sonia Rykiel welcomed her guests into a location strongly dominated by a thick yellow lined catwalk, reminding me of the "Yellow Brick Road" from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

Sonia and Nathalie Rykiel - Paris, SS2012 Show
Yellow is already everywhere to be honest, despite it has always been one of those "difficult" colors that only a few brave and fierce ones could proudly and effortlessly wear.

As you should understood I really love primary colors and, even more, street signs//signs in general because they are an incredible graphic communication code and for their contemporaneity and function into cities esthetic. Let's also think, for example, on how yellow appears inside our metropolis: architecture, lights, advs....


I am so curious about how our context reflects itself onto how we appear, how we communicate ourselves....how we choose to dress.
Milano, Depositi ATM Ticinese

Milano

Starting from here and going to the SS2012 collections, here's something that fits properly to my idea. From dawn to dust. Urban, city looks with different edgy yellow touches.

From left: Spring Summer 2012 - Emilio De La Morena, Issey Miyake, Marc Jacobs, Marni, JV Anderson
Marni, Spring Summer 2012
From Left - Spring Summer 2012 - Sonia Rykiel, Nicole Fahri, Red Krakoff - ph Hakan Dahlstrom
Metamorphosis - installation by Foscarini//Qubique – Tradeshow Next Generation - Berlin-Tempelhof Airport
From Left - Spring Summer 2012 - Gary Graham, Lacoste, J Mendel, Nicole Miller, Pringle of Scotland, Marni  

This post could be going on forever I think. And I also found a pic I took at the Art Show "Artemisia Gentileschi - Storia di una passione" (which I adored)  Palazzo Reale in Milano. Honestly it has nothing to do with this urban-related post, but I think that there is a nice connection with some other pieces I found while searching...

Artemisia Gentileschi, Mary Magdalen
From Left - Spring Summer 2012 - Emilio della Morena, Derek Lam, Elie Saab, Elie Tahari, Moschino, Rodarte
From Left - Spring Summer 2012 - Sass&Bide, 3.1 Phillip Lim

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

love all the yellow. great post.

http://vanillachic.wordpress.com/
http://vanillachic.wordpress.com/

Jeane M. said...

Yellow power! I've been trying to really wear one but never have the courage and just changes into another one. It gives me confidence looking in here. :D

diablo 3 accounts for sale

Anindita Khrisna Murti said...

i'm guess u take a lot of time creating every single post on ur blog. it is so cool. love how u make a mood board with those interesting background.

a lil advice from me, don't forget to put the credit/ the source/ the link on ur post, dear... so your reader will know whose the one who own those beautiful images.

i'm your new follower! I hope u will continue writing...

aninditakhrisnamurti.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Dear Anindita,
thanx for your very nice and supporting comments. I will start posting again very soon.
Concerning my images sources, apart from the catwalks looks that I take from style.com and everything I give credit to (all the times I am able to find the authors), I am personally author of graphic artworks or photos you find in my blog when no credit is mentioned. If you see something you think belongs to other please let me know and I will provide the corrections/mentions

Xean said...

nice post! fabulous yellow.. I love it!

Cathy said...

OMG! Yellow is my favorite colour.. Looks really good! I love it! :)

chachamisu said...

i love yellow, great inspiration

Yeraldin Morillo said...

wow !! this post is very interesting ...good good good :)
kiss !
http://modefemme.blogspot.com/

TRENDSURVIVOR said...

Amazing post!!! I love your collages!!! I am into yellow this season and I am among the brave ones wearing it even though I hated it for years!!!

x
Nina
http://trendsurvivor.com/

PatriciaBrand said...

Love the yellow mix

http://www.patriciabrand.blogspot.it/

cosplay costumes said...

Really in love with your post!Perfect collection!The yellow is awesome!Thanks for sharing!

TRENDSURVIVOR said...

Amazing collages!! Your choice of yellow dresses is inspiring! I wore a lot of yellow this year for the first time!

xxx
Nina
http://trendsurvivor.com/