An early 80ies skinhead style flavour

Me and Valentina have been talking alot about a new "'proper" influence we are heavily feeling for us, the new us, the proper "us". But this is another story, so, going back to the subject, it all started with an inner connection I guess. And her talking about a sauge aviator bomber obsession she got from a recent "LEON" movie night.
And then a lot of inspiration came together...I got back to the movie "This is England" by Shane Meadows.

I saw it almost one year ago and I have loved it very much. And loved the style. Thanx to dan to feel that subculture style so much, I think he's really sensitive towards subculture styles. but this is another story again so...back to the point.
Dan just got a couple crucial items:
- a green jacket from the 80ies, in agreen patterned fabric, with raglan padded shoulders, that I see as a retro but contemporary version of that Ma-1 aviator;
- a pair of Dr Martens by Raf Simmons in Oxblood with buckles.
Mixing everything with his partial side shaved hair, thick Persol sunglasses, vintage striped Lonsdale Tee and tight cropped stone washed grey jeans ended up to be a great interpretation of that look.


Now I just crave for a perfect female version of it. That will obviously end up being much more of a mix of styles, but I also love the original!


All these images I found added to some favourite items I love right now just gave me a variation on the theme,in term of style. And this is what I put together (still thinking that the Burberry Prorsum boot would have been the perfect piece...!!):

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be a vain stupid person if your thinking of dressing like a skinhead!!! very sad.

Nixie Clothing said...

When I saw this I just had to make a comment, you want to be inspired to look like a skinhead in 80's England?! You clearly weren't a person of colour in 80's England so you can't know what that means.

Anonymous said...

What a blog! Really interesting!

www.lylliecandycream.over-blog.de

Unknown said...

I just think you should watch the mentioned movie. And get how that movement started. It was not a radical political racist movement at all.
I obviously do not take a political position. And totally not the one you suggest.
I appreciate any kind of comment though.
Web democracy.