The art of topiary @ V&R

Topiary is in the air, on my mind...
I am very interested in ardening which is one of my passions.
And I really like Tim Burton's.
So, what do Victor & Rolf, Topiary and Tim Burton have in common in the intricate paths of my fashion perverted mind?
Well, just a stream of mixed consciousness and ideas I guess.
Talking about Alice in Wonderland, most of you have probably seen the first images available...

Images from Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton

And now let's go back to the couple of genious that I think are going back to their unique and visionary approach. Let's talk about tulle. I cannot think about a more "common" yet sculptorial, color rich, light yet materic, full, layer"able", simple but sophisticated and much more fabric.
And here we go with Victor & Rolf and this brilliant creative carousel of tulle carved in the way they did.
It's pure joy for the eyes!Victor&Rolf - SpringSummer 2010

3 comments:

ECO-FASHION said...

GREAT PHOTOS !! IF YOU WANT YOU CAN VISIT MY NEW BLOG ! http://eco-naba.blogspot.com

austin goldberg said...

hey dan! i'm glad that you like it. here is a link to my fall mix. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mqotzy1d5gy

dan said...

Hey Austin !
another very good Scary one!
:)
this is my 4th or 5th listening
cool!
thank you again !